Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weigh-In Day

I knew it was going to be a good week.  I tracked all my points, I went over by maybe 3 or 4, however; the times I went over was for good food - fruits and veggies.  I didn't drink as much water as I wanted, but I am working on that.  I was a little concerned, because I did have Butter Chicken last night for dinner (yummy...) and then today I was at a work conference all day through breakfast and lunch, and it was difficult not having the food I normally eat around.  

But I lost 2 pounds!  Which I think is awesome!  I can't even remember the last time I lost 2 pounds, it seems like months upon months ago.  So I am really excited all my hard work paid off.  AND...I weigh 138.4.  That is the lowest weight I have been yet!  That is also my initial weight I weighed in at in 2005, when I first joined weightwatchers.  But I got down to my healthy weight range then, and I can now too.  I'm actually really excited and encouraged.  I know I am mostly putting healthy food into my body, and yet, I am allowing myself to have treats and not feel deprived.  It is a great day!

I will also say, there was this girl at my meeting last night, who has been coming for a while.  She asked me how I did, I said I did great.  She said she had lost 1.8 pounds, but she had been expecting a bigger weight loss so was not happy with the result.  I tried to tell her losing 1.8 pounds is awesome!  It is certainly not something to be ashamed of.  I have had weeks where I thought I lost more than I did, and although I think it is natural to feel disappointed at first, if you continue feeling that, then you are not honouring yourself for the hard work you put forward and minimizing yourself.  She was not buying it.  As the meeting ended, I saw her go back to the scale, and asked to be weighed-in again.  It just really made me sad to know that she is not celebrating her success, and giving herself credit for a good week.  

I was and am certainly happy with my 2 pound weight-loss.  My goal for this week was to get down into the 137's, and my treat was going to be to buy a new shirt.  I didn't make that goal this week, but next week I will, and I will get to buy a new shirt or two.  Which is quite nice, as I currently have no fall clothes.  I'm excited for the week ahead and all that it will bring!

No comments: