Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Over flex points and feeling ill

Time for a little honesty...with myself...

So I do weightwatchers, watch my points, use my activity and flex points.  By this past weekend I had used all my flex points, which sucks as my weigh-in day is Thursday evenings, so to have used all my 35 extra flex by Sunday evening...yeah.  In fact, I think I was actually over my flex points by Sunday evening.  Anyway, I was doing okay, I knew I would have to be really careful to track everything I ate until I weigh-in.  Then yesterday, I strayed off points a little (about 3 pts).  Which sucks, as I don't have any extra flex points to use!  I could have gone to the gym...but did I?  No.  But I decided that I would eat well and stay on points tomorrow aka: today, and go to the gym.

Moving on to today.  I had a good breakfast, lunch, snack.  I was very prepared.  And then what happens?  I had 2 bite-size wonderbars.  Okay, not terrible, although...don't really have the points for them, but I figured, I would just have to have a really low points dinner.  

But then I went out for dinner.  I wish I could say dinner was unexpected, last minute plans, but I knew for a few days I was going to go.  I had never been to this restaurant before, so I couldn't really pre-plan my meal, but I could have made healthier choices.  So what did I chose?  The spinach salad?  No.  The vegetable soup with a sandwich?  No.  I chose tomato soup with grilled cheese.  Not totally terrible if you think about it, however; the tomato soup...I saw the oil in it!  WTF?  Who puts so much oil in their tomato soup that you see the oil?  And the grilled cheese, well...my hands could feel the oil.  And although at times I was a little grossed out eating it, not because it tasted bad, but because of the grease...but I didn't stop.  I ate it all.  And then I felt ill.  I was planning on going to the gym after dinner, had my gym bad packed and in the car.  But my stomach felt terrible and full.  Is this an excuse?  Possibly...but really it is almost 11pm here, I ate at 6pm, and I am still STUFFED!  And my stomach is still a little queasy. 

People on their blogs have commented that they are all or nothing type people.  So am I.  I could have stopped at half my meal and felt full, satisfied, but no.  I felt I needed to finish it.  What is with that?  So that is something I am going to try to work on.  Really listening to my body and what I want, need to be healthy.

My plan for tomorrow is to stay on points, and go to the gym.  I usually have coffee in my morning for 2 pts, but tomorrow I will substitute it for tea 0 pts, to try and make up a little for going so far over my flex points.  I will also really focus on fruits, and veggies.  I haven't calculated exactly how many points I am over.  The last time I checked...yesterday...I think I was about 6 flex points over for the week, so I am likely up about 10 flex points over?  Maybe more.  Oh goodness...but tomorrow is a new day, and I know I can stay on points.  I also think it was a good lesson for me, because honestly...my stomach feels quite bad, and I think it is because I haven't put that much grease/bread (I have to limit my wheat intake due to excema) into my body in a long time.  I guess my body really is learning to love the healthy choices!  

3 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

I hate that feeling of overstuffed that lasts for hours. Did you get your workout in today yet????? Remember, yesterday you said tomorrow.

Lisa said...

Leigh Anne is right Fiona..

yesterday you said tomorrow, and tomorrow is today.

i hauled my arse out for a 40 minute walk for the first time in weeks..Get out there woman!!

xo

Mary Frances said...

Remember how horrible and sick you feel. That memory should keep you from eating the wrong thing next time. I've said it many times that our stomachs are smarter than our brains and stronger than our willpower. Your body is responding to the greasy food...listen to it.

And check online for restaurants before you go. A lot now post their menus and nutritional info. Or you can go to calorieking or the dailyplate so you'll know what to expect before you get there.

Just my two cents worth :). Good luck this week!!! You can soooo do this!