Saturday, May 31, 2008

Spinning...the new workout? I think not!


So I went to a spinning class on Tuesday.  And on Tuesday, I really enjoyed it.  I found it challenging, but I really liked it and felt that I could really get into doing it once a week to have a break from the normal gym routine.  Now, after I got off the bike my legs did feel like jelly, and I literally needed to hold onto the bike so I wouldn't fall.  And my ass really hurt from the bike, but all in all, I thought it was good.  The instructor did say that my legs would be sore the next day, which is to be expected.

However; when she said sore, I thought she meant like a normal sore.  No.  This was pain.  It hurt to walk up the stairs, it hurt to walk down the stairs.  It hurt to bend my legs, it hurt to straighten them.  So I thought Wednesday was bad.  Then I talked to a few people who said "Oh no...the second day is always the worst!"  So that brought us to Thursday.  And yes, it was bad, much worse than Wednesday, people were right.  But I thought okay, I mean I am not able to go to the gym on Thursday's anyway, so it's not like I am missing anything.  But even yesterday, I was still in TONS of pain!  So I didn't go to the gym yesterday.  I did manage to go today, but I was not up to par with my normal routine.  But I was glad I went at least.  But this means I have made the decision that no more spinning for me.  4 days to recover?!?!?  No thanks!  I will stick to my stairmaster and eliptical, thank you very much.

No comments: