Saturday, May 24, 2008

Motivation

So first things first.  A couple weeks ago I bought a pretty dress to wear for some weddings this summer.  And I placed it in my closet, and I kinda forgot about it.  But last night Mum came home from England, so I was showing her the dress.  And I have forgotten how much I like it.  Here is the picture.  I never thought I would like green, but I just love it.  And I think it is quite flattering on me as it is tight on the bust and then flows away from the body aka: the problem areas.  Man I sound like Stacey and Clinton!  The only issue that may come from the dress is that if I gain 1 pound, yes, 1 pound, I don't think it will fit any longer and I won't be able to do it up.  And it does show quite a lot of cleavage as my chest is a good size.  So realistically, depending on where I am wearing the dress to I may have to wear a cami under it.  I really don't want to have all this cleavage showing in a church.  A little awkward.  But this dress is my motivation for going to the gym at the moment.  This beautiful dress.  I just love it!



Now speaking of the weight, I did gain 0.2 last week, and 0.8 this week.  Which does equal 1 pound.  Luckily I have time to get that off before the wedding in June.  I will say the weight gain was to be expected as I didn't go to the gym as much this week as I wanted, and I was in Victoria on the weekend, eating and drinking.  

But I do need to get re-commited to this journey.  The last few weeks I think I have been slacking, and I really want to get out of the 140's!  My next goal is to be 139.  Very doable. I weighed in today at 141.4.  I am so close to being there, that I just need to push myself a little harder, and I know I can do it.  

I did have a really good workout last night.  I have noticed that I love working out on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights.  Sure people may think, does this girl have no friends?  Why is she not out and about?  But I LOVE it.  It is less crowded, and it frankly does give me something to do.  My life as of late has been a little boring.  I have been so used to having plans every weekend with Jay, even if it was just renting a movie.  And now I don't have that routine, so I am making a new healthy routine for myself, and I really like it.  

Anyway, back to my good workout.  So yesterday I did my 25 mins on the stairmaster.  And there is this man at my gym who usually goes on the stairmaster for I don't even know how long.  At least an hour?  And when he is done he is DRIPPING with sweat.  Seriously dripping.  And  as I was watching him, it really inspired me.  Because I am sure that man was tired and wanted to quit so many times, but he pushed on.  Through his sweat and tears.  Minus the tears.  So I decided that although I find the 25 mins hard, I can do more.  So I decided to up the level for the last 7 mins.  Which did make a difference.  And I know it was only upping it one level, but you know that is where I need to begin.  So I felt good.  And then I did 25 mins on the bike, kinda as a just keeping my heartrate up, but I am not overly pushing myself type of thing.  And then I did 20 on the eliptical.  So I thought it was a really good cardio workout day.

My goal is to go to the gym today through Wednesday everyday.  But I know I won't be able to do that much cardio everyday, so I am trying to come up with a plan to allow me to still lose the weight without having my legs fall off.  So I think the plan will be every second day I will really push myself at the gym and do lots of cardio, and then on the other days I will do 30 mins on cardio, and then at least (hopefully) 30 mins on weights.  I struggle with the weights because I 1) get bored and 2) some machines I don't know how to use, so I don't want to experiment.  So maybe that should be my goal for this week, use a new weight machine I don't normally use.  Done.  That is my new goal.  Love it!  Okay, now all this talk of working out makes me want to go to the gym, but first I should organize my disaster of a bedroom.  And then the gym tonight!

No comments: