Wednesday, June 4, 2008

139.8!!

It has finally happened!!  I have broken the 140's.  I feel I have been in the 140's forever.  Particularly between 141-143.  But tonight at my weigh-in I was 139.8!!  Sure that is very close to the 140's, but you know what.  It was in the 130's, and I am damn happy!

Lately, this weight-loss has been hard, really hard.  I just need to keep reminding myself that I am eating healthy, I am working out, and I am dealing with my emotions in a healthy way.  No more eating an entire tub of ice cream because Jay and I broke up.  Every week I don't always see the numbers I want, but I know that this is going to be a lifelong journey, even once I am at my goal.  It's not easy, but I can do it.

And by breaking into the 130's, I really feel motivated.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I would love to weight between 115-120.  That would be my ideal.  But right now, I am only 12 pounds away from my healthy weight range.  12 pounds!  That seems so doable.  Although I know that these 12 pounds will not be easy to lose, it will continue to be hard, and I will continue to have good days and bad days, but I know I can do it.  I know that I can continue to eat healthy, workout, and find alternatives for food when I am emotionally eating.  I just am really, really happy to finally start to feel that my life is in some sort of control.  I can control my weight.  That is something I have never been able to say.

At the weightwatchers meeting tonight, we talked about goals for the summer.  Summers are hard times with vacation, weddings, bbq's, events.  So I have had to really think about my goals, and what is realistic, due to the fact that I will be away on vacation, I have 5 weddings to attend, and my work has a potluck sometimes once a week!  I have decided to split my goals into mini goals, by each month so it is a little easier.

GOAL FOR JUNE:
 
I will be in Toronto for 5 days, so my goal is at the end of June to weigh 138.  Really anywhere in the 138 range.  I am hoping to weigh in at that before leaving for Toronto, and then when returning that I will have maintained my weight.  I weigh in only 2 days after returning, and that is the last weigh in for June, so I need to be realistic.  I will be at a wedding, and seeing friends I haven't seen in 3 years.  I will drink, I will eat, and I will not feel guilty.  So June goal here I come!

No comments: