Monday, May 26, 2008

My body is aching, so I must be losing something!

Okay, well my goal was to go to the gym Saturday-Wednesday, and so far I have missed Saturday and Monday.  Saturday I really have no excuse for, pure laziness and poor time management.  But today well I have 2 reasons.

1)  The left side of my right foot hurts.  Not sure what it is, but when I woke up this morning it was quite painful and even now at the end of the day it is still a little tender.

2)  I am doing my first spinning class tomorrow.  I am quite scared.  Afraid I will fall off the bike, throw up, or do a combination of both.  But I have challenged myself to try new things, and spinning is something I have always been curious about, so here goes nothing!  So I figured I couldn't go to the gym today and use up all my muscles, or what would happen tomorrow?  I love my ability to rationalize with myself.

But in other news, I have drank at least 8 glasses of water the last 2 days.  On Sunday I drank about 10, which included going to the gym, so I was happy.  So hopefully I will be able to continue down this path.

As for the gym yesterday, it was a little bit of a difficult one.  I decided to start the stairmaster on level 5, when I normally do level 4.  So began on level 5.  At 10 mins I had to take it down to level 4 for 2.5 mins.  Then I went back to level 5 until 17.5 mins, when I had to go back to level 4.  And then I stopped after 20 mins.  I was really hoping to get to 25 mins, but it was hard.  So that is my goal, to work up to 25 mins at level 5.  I figure I did 3/4 of the way at level 5, so if I can push myself a little more I will get there.  Then I did the bike and the eliptical, so all in all, it was a good cardio time.

And I have decided I really need to not be afraid of the weights anymore.  I mean, I do use the weight machines (of course I don't know what the machines are called) but I always do the same machines over and over.  So yesterday I did one of the machines I am familiar with, and then I tried a new one.  This one is supposed to work your pectoral muscles, and man oh man, was I in pain both last night and still today.  I did 1 set of 10.  Then 2 sets of 5.  And that was all.  I literally could not do anymore.  But my pecs, and arms feel quite good today.  So I am excited about this new machine!  I think that once a week I will try a new weight machine.  Or once every 2 weeks.  So all in all, I have done quite well.  Only been to the gym twice this week, so hopefully 3 times before my weigh in, but that is okay.  Next week is another week, and I will just continue to aim for 4-5 times a week and see what happens.  

No comments: