Saturday, May 3, 2008

Goals for May

So my goals for May have been to go to the gym 5 times a week, drink 8 glasses of water a day, and pay $2500 towards my student loan.  I will say, the student loan one I think will be achieved, as long as I get my tax refund back.  If not, then it was be achieved shortly after May.  

Now the water.  I didn't think it would be as hard as it is. I mean, I feel thirsty quite often, so shouldn't drinking water be easy?!?!?  Yesterday I carried around a water bottle with me, and I drank the whole bottle, which is about...2 and a half cups.  And then I had probably about another cup, possibly a cup and a half.  But that's only 4!  My goal is 8!  So I really need to step this up, and just drink more.

I went to the gym yesterday and had a good workout but now I feel no motivation going today.  Although I know I have to go today and tomorrow in order to have any chance of making my goal of 5 times a week.  I find it so difficult to go to the gym after working 9 hours, so the weekends are my saving grace.  I just need the motivation.  I know once I actually get my butt to the gym and starting exercising I feel better.  But today I just feel like I could stay in bed all day, watch movies and do nothing.  But that is probably how I gained weight in the first place, so I better not.  Plus, I bought a very pretty and very expensive dress yesterday for some weddings I have to go to this summer, and seriously...if I gain one pound the dress will not fit.  So that is motivation in itself!

No comments: