Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weigh-In

Well I was a little afraid of the scale this week, because of Thanksgiving and because I didn't make it to the gym.  However; the scale was kind to me.  Down 2.6lbs!  It is likely because I was so sick the last few days, that I have not been able to eat a lot.  But still it's a pretty sweet loss!  

I am now within 7lbs of my healthy weight range.  Wow.  7 pounds and then I am technically healthy.  That seems amazing to me.  Although that is not my final goal, and I still have 20lbs before I reach my final goal, but for the first time in a long time I feel like this is really do-able.  I really will lose the weight and keep it off.  At times I just can't believe it.  I look in the mirror and I still see fat and imperfections, which I am sure I will always see, even once I am at my goal weight.  But I am beginning to see the new me at the same time.  The new healthy Fiona.  I know it has taken me a long time to lose this weight, 11 months and counting.  But I know that I will be able to maintain it and I know that I am losing this weight once and for all and I know I am losing it for the right reasons.  And that's a pretty good feeling.

2 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

What an amazing feeling to finally see that light at the end of the tunnel. Like you, I think that it will be many many years before I completely stop looking for flaws and no longer think of myself as the "fat one"

Angela Power said...

Congratulations of being #2 for Week 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job! You are sooooo close!!!