Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weigh-In and Goals

Well I had my weigh-in on Thursday night.  I gained 2 pounds.  It was too be expected after a week of kinda letting loose with my eating, but I was still disappointed with myself.  I don't know why I would sabotage myself after so much hard work.  

But...this is a new week.  Angie wanted us to focus on a goal for the upcoming week, and after a lot of thinking, I have decided to give myself a goal every week for the remainder of the challenge.  This week's goal:  WATER

This is something I struggle with and I really don't know why.  I love water.  I really do.  I don't usually get bored with it, I love the cool refreshing taste and feeling.  Yet, everyday I struggle with drinking at least 4 glasses!  I have no excuse for this.  I have water bottles.  We have water coolers at work, one right outside my office.  So I have no excuse not to drink enough.  So my goal is to have 8 glasses of water a day, except for gym days when I will have between 10-12 glasses.   This is completely doable and I know I can do it.

In other news.  On Thursday night, I had a ice satisfying dinner, and after dinner I was craving something sweet.  So I searched my house, didn't really find anything, so I left the kitchen thinking the craving would just go away.  Plus, how was I supposed to satisfy it would no food?After about an hour, the craving was stronger, but I noticed that my stomach was full.  So even if I had food, it would satisfy the craving, but most likely upset my stomach because I was full.  It was almost as if my mouth was craving the sweet, if that makes any sense.  So in the end after not being able to concentrate on anything I had some tea with sugar (usually I don't have sugar in my tea).  And it was WONDERFUL!  My craving was completely satisfied and I didn't stuff myself with food!  Yay!  And now I am off to get some water.  My body feels dehydrated.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I never thought i would drink as much water as I do now. I must drink at least 4 liter/day. I drink a combo of cold and hot water. I fill up my bottle in the morning and afternoon and drink it on the way home. I drink mostly plain hot water (with a bit of lemon) throughout the day.
I am going to be in your fair province in a week and can't wait. I have never been to BC before.