Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pounds Vs. Kilograms


I have a digital scale at home, and it is usually in pounds as that is what I weigh myself in.  However; it does have the option of both pounds and kilograms.  Lately, I have been all into the kilograms.  I don't know why.  Partly I think it is because pyschological it is easier for me to see the smaller number of the  kilogram.  Well this morning, I weigh myself (I have problem and weigh myself everyday).  So I weigh myself, I weigh 61.7 kilograms.  Sweet.  I know that is around mid 130's, likely around 136/137.  I decide to switch the setting on my scale and do pounds to find out the exact amount, instead of getting a calculator and multiplying it by 2.2.  Switch the scale.  And what is the number that is shown?!?!?!?  142 pounds.  Huh?  I get a calculator 61.7 * 2.2 = 135.7.  I'm confused.  Is my scale broken?  What do I really weigh?  Did I gain weight?  Or lose weight?  Now I realize it doesn't actually matter what my scale says, it only matters what the weight watchers scale says on Thursday evenings.  But I just want to know!  Annoying.

In other news.  It is an absolute GORGEOUS day here!  So I am going to go for a walk and go to the gym.  I LOVE the autumn weather.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried switching to kg once just to get away from my mental blocks around some pound ranges. In kg, I didn't have a clue. ;-)

Adora said...

Maybe you should just stick to one or the other? It doesn't matter what it says, just matters if it's going down or up, right?