Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why oh why do I let myself get carried away?

After my weigh in this week, where I gained 3.2 pounds (crap) I decided I really need to focus on what is important.  Why am I spending money at ww week after week if I really don't make a good effort all the time?  It is different if I ate properly and excerised and I gained.  But when I don't do that, and when I have cookies the day before my weigh in...that is a problem.  And I don't even really like cookies?!?!?  Well not that kind at least, so why did I have 7.  

So this week I am committed to eating properly, drinking 2 litres of water a day and tracking everything.  I did well yesterDAY, however; then I had a halloween party to go to.  And the party consisted of lots of snack food: chips and dip, bite sized sausage rolls, cupcakes, sugar cookies (my favorite type of cookie), and tons of candy!  Not to mention all the drinks I consumed...

I did go to the gym yesterday and I will go tomorrow, so although I am not sure how many points I ate last night, I am just going to say all my flex points are gone for the week and just stick with my daily points limit.  I am so close to my healthy weight range, I need to buckle down and give this 110% of my effort.  No more grabbing a bite of something here and there, no more eating chocolate candy with the rationale "it's Halloween!"  I don't usually go for chocolate during the rest of the year, why would I need it now?  Or if I do crave chocolate, I need to remember to buy some really good chocolate, because the halloween ones are not satisfying, which leads me to eat more.

Anyway, those are my goals for this week.  Hold myself accountable.

1 comment:

Biggest Loser Blog Edition said...

Just imagine if you truly did give it 110% effort until the end of our challenge. Consistently. 8 weeks. Not 10, 20 or 30, just 8. You could be entering 2009 worry free about needing to get on track, staying on track etc. I think we all make this harder than it has to be by resisting what needs to be done.