Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Wake-Up Call

This post... Progress Evaluation Time  completely spoke to me.  Angie is right.  I joined the challenge to lose weight, to motivate myself, to have others motivate me, to know my excuses and still work through them.  Losing weight is hard to do when I make excuses all the time of why I didn't eat properly, why I didn't track my points, or why I didn't go to the gym.  These are just excuses and yes life comes up sometimes and circumstances happen that are beyond my control but I need to push through those.  I need to make weight-loss a priority.  I need to schedule my time better to pack healthy meals and snacks, and to make time for going to the gym.  If I can't make it to the gym, then I need to make time everyday to do some form of exercise.  Even if that is only walking for 30mins, or doing weights and crunches for half an hour.  I know I can make time daily to do that everyday.

When I began BLBE I weighed 138.4 pounds.  My weigh in on Thursday, I weighed 137.  In 7 weeks I have lost 1.4 pounds.  What have I been doing!  And the saddest part is I have lost more than that throughout the challenge, but I have lost weight, gained it back, lost it again.  All in all I have managed to lose 6.6 pounds on the challenge and gain 5.2 of them back.  CRAZY!!  

There are 7 weeks remaining on this challenge and I am committing to giving 110% of myself.  On the days I am tired from work I will still fit exercise into my life.  On days I am hungry and want to eat everything in sight, I will take a step back, evaluate, drink my water and make a healthy meal.

I will be in my healthy weight range or damn close when this challenge ends.  My goal has always been to enter 2009 in my healthy range.  I am the only one who can make this happen.  My loss, my gain, it's all from the amount of honest work I have put in.  The last 7 weeks I have been wishy-washy and these next 7 I am going to kick some serious ass and get this weight off my body!

1 comment:

K-Pow said...

Same with me. That post has definitley put me in check.

Good luck with the remaining weeks of the challenge.

Bring it girl!! I know you can do it!