Sunday, November 16, 2008

Accountability Time

This past week I lost 0.8 pounds.  I was VERY happy!  I know I need to really be more conscious of what and how much I am eating in order to continue going down on the scale.  For this week my plan is to really keep track of my eating, and hold myself accountable.  I also am going to get my water intake under control.  Goal is 8 glasses a day and I know I can do that.

In order to keep myself accountable, I need to acknowledge how my weekend eating went.  I struggle with my weekend eating, I feel I am able to "let go" a little because of a long week, or whatever the case is.  Also, since my weigh-in day is on Thursdays, the weekend is at the beginning of my week and therefore I think I have the rest of the week to make up for it!  Clearly this type of thinking has gotten me into trouble.  So here is a recap of my weekend eating (and it is not pretty).

Friday: coffee, orange, chicken, fries, bbq chicken caesar wrap.  Where are the veggies?  I don't know either.

Saturday: tea, oatabix cereal, milk, banana, chicken, rice, ham, yam fries, a few nachos, many drinks of sangria, thai chicken wrap.  Again, no veggies.  I think I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Sunday:  coffee, salad (yay!), soup with pasta and beef in it, bread sticks, a giant chocolate covered raisin (so yummy...)

So I know I need to work on my veggie and fruit intake on the weekends.  I think I get lazy and don't plan my meals as much as I do during the week.  So that is going to be my goal for this upcoming weekend, to really make an effort to pre-plan, and make sure I am getting enough nutrients in my body.  So here is to another week of learning to make healthy choices!

2 comments:

Kari@Onederland said...

Congrats on the loss. It's great to just take a look and make a list mentally and physically of the things that you need to work on. I too need to up the water intake, and eat more fruits and veggies. But one day at a time we will do this!

JavaChick said...

I am the same on weekends - no routine, no plan, and my eating suffers because of it. Now you are conscious of it, hopefully you'll put more thought into what you're eating on the weekends. Good luck!