Saturday, November 29, 2008

Spinach salad please...ummm...this is the salad?!?!?

In my weight watchers meeting this week we discussed the people who sabotage us.  Now, I truly believe no one can sabotage me, except me.  However; there is one friend of mine who everytime I am around her I want to eat unhealthy.  She is very picky about restaurants to eat at and very picky about her food.  She pretty much loves cheese bread, fries, and crispy chicken.  That's it.  So I struggle going out for dinner with her, because I see what she orders and I get jealous and want it to!  So I order it, usually eat the whole thing, and then feel miserable.

Last night, she asked if I wanted to go out for dinner, I hesitated, but she suggested an italian restaurant.  Not the most points friendly, but I knew I couldn't have fries!  So we go.  I order a linguine pasta in white wine sauce, with prawns.  I decided to order a spinach salad as well, thinking I need vegetables with my meal and it will help fill me so I don't eat my entire order of pasta because I was very hungry.

My spinach salad arrives.  I don't know about any of you, but with a spinach salad I expect cucumbers, tomatoes, maybe some peppers, just normal veggies.  I wish I had my camera to take a picture of it.  But it was plateful of spinach, drenched in a creamy dressing and parmesan cheese.   No other veggies.  Literally just spinach.  Ummm...did I really just pay $6.50 for this?!?!  Yes.  Yes I did.  Mental note, next time read more carefully the descriptions of salads, and I have made the decision to no longer go out for dinner with my friend.  I can have dinner at home and then go out for coffee with her after.  Hopefully the rest of the weekend is better!

No comments: