Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!

2009.  I still can't believe it is already 2009.  I don't know what it is, but I wasn't prepared for Christmas, or New Years, or now 2009.  But life continues to happen even when I am not prepared it seems.  

As 2009 begins I am thinking about the upcoming year and all that it entails.  One thing is, I will be a bridesmaid in one of my closest friends wedding.  Although she hasn't narrowed down the bridesmaid dresses yet, she is thinking this will be the one.  I really like this one, so I hope it is the final one chosen.  We need to order them fairly soon as the wedding is in May.

I have many goals for this year so I figure if I write them down it will help keep me more accountable.

GOALS:

1) Stick to my budget!!  I want to be debt-free from my car by the end of this year, and I want to have saved about $15,000 for a down payment.  If I stick to my budget I know I can do both.

2) Stick to my points!  I currently only get 19 points a day on weight watchers and it is damn hard sticking to those points!  But I know I can do it, and I know the end result is worth it.  That extra cookie...not worth it most days.

3) Track my points.  In my head, I usually stick to the points I remember eating.  I really need to make a better effort with this.  Over Christmas my tracking flew out the window and I need to get back on track.

4) Increase my water intake.  I have struggled with drinking 8 glasses of water a day forever, so I have decided to focus on 6 glasses a day and once I have mastered that I will work my way up to 8 glasses a day.  

5) Keep my room and office organized!  I don't know what happens but I clean, I organized and a few days later it is a disaster again.

6) Workout 3 days a week, whether it is in the gym, doing a video or going for a walk and lifting weights.

7) Take more pictures!  I got a new digital camera for Christmas and I LOVE pictures!  So I need to take more.

8) Read one book a month.  

9) Write one real letter to someone a month.  Who doesn't like getting real letters in the mail?  I have lived in many different places in my life so therefore; I have tons of people I could write to!  I might as well.

10) Have a family games night once a month.  My step-father was really sick in November and there were a few days when I honestly thought he wasn't going to make it.  It has really helped me put everything into perspective and realize the important things in my life.  I need to spend more time with my parents and I think this will be a good activity for us all to do.

Well I think those are fairly good and realistic goals for me in this upcoming year, I am feeling really optimistic about 2009.  I can't wait to have new beginnings, get to my goal weight and (hopefully) be debt-free!  I probably say this every year, but I really think 2009 is going to be an amazing year and I'm so excited to be at the place in my life surrounded by loved ones and safety and a bright future.  Can't wait to see how the year unfolds!


1 comment:

Fatinah said...

that is a pretty dress