Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tracking, tracking, tracking

I am getting very sick of this weight-loss dance.  One week I lose, one week I gain, and the cycle just continues.  I know the reasons I lose or gain in any given week, I just feel that I am at a point where I don't know if I care.  And I need to care.  I am not in my healthy weight range and I am not at a weight that I feel happy or comfortable at.  

I have vowed this week to just keep at it and take it one day at a time.  I find I sometimes won't track one day, and then I tend to blow off the entire week saying screw it!  But this week I will track, and if by some chance I "forget" to track one day, or I don't, I will track the next day.  I am happy to report that I have tracked both yesterday and today so far for this week.  2 out of 2.  Only 5 more to go!  And I even tracked when I ate McDonald's yesterday.  I didn't want to know the answer of how many points, but I figured it out and happy to at least know.  This way I have been able re-adjust some of my remaining flex points for the week.

Anyway, all I can do is to keep going and to hold myself accountable.  If I want this weight to come off, and to maintain the loss then I have to continue on this path.  And even though I have been struggling in the last few months, I know one day...one day...I will be at my goal weight and this time of my life will seem like a distant memory.  One day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to encourage you to keep up the fight. I think your idea of tracking each day no matter what is a good one. It keeps us accountable! You can do this...I know it!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - I used to be like that too - didn't want to journal the bad foods, because if I didn't' write it down, I didn't really eat it, right? lol You have to be honset with yourself - keep on journaling, it's important, and it works!

P.S. I'm here by way of the Biggest Loser Blog edition