Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Momentum Plan!

So at my meeting on Thursday I received the new books and info for the Momentum Plan.  Now...what I love about it.  LOVE the fact that I can just carry that one book around with me that has everything I need in it.  My tracker, my points/activity finder, my weight, point values of food.  FABULOUS!  One convient location.  

As for anything else to do with the plan...well it is essentially the exact same plan!  I will continue tracking and that will be that.  I guess it is useful to know that you are eating the filling foods aka: core foods.  But it really makes no difference at the end.  I just have a better idea if I have eaten healthy enough for the day.  Although I clearly can see when I eat healthy through the day already.

What I do think is a little odd is the fact that there are a lot of choices for liquids.  Water, milk, juice, diet pop, coffee or tea.  It does state that water is the best option, but I thought normally if you were to have another type of liquid you could count it as a portion of your water intake for the day, but it was not a 1:1 ration.  This works out well for me in some respects.  I struggle at having 6 (I prefer to try and get 8) glasses of water in a day.  However; I do drink tons of tea and coffee so I can easily get 5 glasses of liquids in through that.  I am still going to try and have 8 glasses of water because I do feel more hydrated with water as opposed to other types of liquid.

I am personally quite excited about this momentum plan.  Why?  Is it any different?  No.  It is the same, but psychologically I feel like I am beginning all over again and at the beginning of most things I am extremely motivated!  So I think this will be the same concept.  Plus, being able to only carry one book around with me I think will help me stay accountable and make sure I am tracking everything.  Now I really will not have an excuse not to!  

No comments: