Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home from vaca with a little gain!

Holy it has been a long time!

Well I have been super busy with work, and I was getting organized for my trip to Ontario.  So I just returned on Monday, and I knew that today's weigh-in wasn't going to be pretty.  After all I drank 3 out of 4 nights this week, ate way too much good food, didn't drink enough water, didn't go to the gym at all, and hardly had any vegetables!  So today when I weighed in at 141.4, which was a 2 pound gain, I was actually quite happy with that.  My original goal before going away was to maintain my weight, but once I got there, I threw that goal out the window.  Although I am getting a little scared for heading down to Mississippi, where I will be for 10 days.  That again will be lots of good food, drinking etc.  But I have decided to really make a conscious effort and make sure I have lots of water and veggies while I am down there.

But since I have been home, I have not been motivated to go to the gym.  Yesterday I got home from work past 730pm, so I was quite tired.  And today after my meetings I decided I didn't really want to go.  So hopefully I will be more motivated tomorrow night.  I think I will just take my gym clothes with me tomorrow to work, so then I will have no excuse.  

The funny thing is, while I was away, I kinda missed my normal food.  Now don't get me wrong, everything I had was wonderful, but sometimes I missed just my simple salads, and cottage cheese.  It makes my body feel not as heavy somehow.  Which is kinda neat to realize how much my eating habits have changed and to know that I like my healthy food now!  That really is the key to eating healthy, to like it.  So here I go.

No comments: