Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The stairmaster is no longer my enemy

Why is it that some days I feel I can go for hours at the gym, and other days, I struggle just to get through the bare basics?!?!?  Saturday at the gym I felt that I would never stop.  I only did 20 mins on the stairmaster, and 45 mins of the bike, but I could have gone longer and the only reason I didn't was because I was in a rush.  Today...no rush...but I thought I was going to die on that stairmaster.  But I made it through.  I have to keep reminding myself how far I have come.  The days when I think I haven't done as well as I should have, I really need that motivation and that knowledge that hey...look at where I began.  I remember going to the gym for the first time back in November, after having not gone to the gym in...months, years maybe.  And I was only able to do 10 mins on the stairmaster, and with that, I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest and I was going to faint.  Today...I did 25 mins.  And that I think it pretty damn good!

Tomorrow is the weigh-in, so I hope I do okay.  I don't think it has been a great week, but I am re-committing myself to this process, and to be accountable.  And any loss is one step closer to my goal.  So that is what I need to remember at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh how exciting! This blog is a good idea; it makes me want to become reacquainted with the stairmater, or also, the gym in general. I have been very very bad about going lately.